Author Topic: Squad play  (Read 2500 times)

Cornholeo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Squad play
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:49:26 am »
I have heard rumbling in our ranks, and heard pubbers in squad say it, we do not play all that well as squads. I am guilty of spawning on that flag that is going down instead of my squad at times as well.

VOIP use, huge IMO, especially when out TS is full the way it has been lately.

Just a couple of observations I have and wanted to voice. The clans that roll on our server are never more than a few meters from each other, I will do the same and expect it in a squad I lead.

RACERX79

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Squad play
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:22 am »
Yep, our squad play have been well..... shitty as of late. I rage quit one night because I got pissed off. I know that I'm annoying sometimes with my constant flag changes but some are commander's orders. If I see a flag dropping, most of the time if I'm dead I will tell the squad that I'm spawning there or look to see who's dead and ask them to spawn on it. But this sitting on roofs, buildings, mountains and whatever else that is nowhere near a flag is BS. I'm not telling anyone how to play the game so don't get butt hurt. Just saying how I role as a SL...

Innate

• Battlefield Supreme Member
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 08:49:12 am »
I actually think our squad play has been better in BF4 than it was in BF3.   Usually people stay together from what i've seen.  It's not perfect, but DICE actually did a good job with the teamplay tools.  Are we together 100% of the time, hell fucking no. But it's not THAT bad.  Usually people are playing the objective from what I've seen, and occasionally spawning on falling flags. If you want the squad to specifically be somewhere, say it in VOIP and people will usually do it.

I'm probably the worse offender for going lone wolf, but I'm always taking or defending a flag. 

Origin: BFS_IInnate

SolarofDeath

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 09:25:07 am »
A couple of things to comment on here.  One I am guilty like Corn of spawning on a flag to save it and I need to knock that shit off.  If I was at the skill level of Nate, Racer, Dalton, etc...  Then I could probably defend a flag against 2 maybe 3 attackers, unfortunately I am not.  So from now on I am on the SL end of story.  Second, we have a quite a few people in the community who just don’t listen no matter how much you tell them.  I say this strictly from a SL perspective.  So to those people when you get bitched out in VOIP or TS don’t get butt hurt, you were warned.  If you don’t agree how the squad is being run, then start your own or at the very least ask the SL what he is doing.  Everyone knows that I pub and I have several people out there I run with from other clans, i.e. Dylan Medic, TWI Dealer, Danelaw, etc.  Go run with some other clans sometime and see how tight they are never leaving each other ever.  Kit selection is also a must; you will never survive with a squad full of support, engineers, or snipers.  If you don’t have at least as a minimum 2 medics, you will be done, period.  The game itself has made it a challenge because everyone wants to work on the assignments, kits, and weapons.  Lastly if you are not using VOIP, then in my opinion you are being lazy and selfish.  There should be zero reason to talk about what tactics no matter how simple they are in TS when there are people on the opposite side in TS.

Bottom-line, I will be more aware moving forward of where I am, what kit I am running, and even down to what gun I am using for the betterment of my squad.

RogueDaWarrior

• Veteran
  • Just Byte Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:13:35 am »
I didn't know you could play in a squad!!  I usually just spawn on Lost....and die!!  8)
Actually, squad play, while using TS is the best way to play.  I hate being by myself.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten!"  Anonymous

TheSkrapper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:43 am »
Agreed.  I also need to work on this.  Sometimes as we are leaving a flag I see it starting to go down again.  So I turn around and end up losing the squad.  Had I said in VOIP "They are still here!" then the squad would have helped clean the area instead of me leaving them to die alone.

I think a lot of us who stray from the squad are not just running up to the top of the hill to snipe but are actually doing something that seems important at the time.  The key is to use VOIP so your whole squad knows and can then back each other up.

The kit makeup is also an important issue.  It seems if I take a break from running support I have a hard time finding ammo.  I very seldom get revived, unless there is no possibility of me surviving it, then I get the revive.

And please ....  feel free to yell at me if I am not performing to your satisfaction... SIR

S.R.Heath

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 01:00:57 pm »
I agree entirely, and we definitely all could try a bit harder to stick with the squad. I suffer the same as most people from this stupid flag defense syndrome. I always try and defend that flag that's falling even if I know I'll be by myself and now I'm leaving my squadmates short handed. Memo to self: work on that.

I will also say that i think our squad work on a whole is better now, just because the game itself allows more. BF3 was a pain in the ass all over and squad play was the shits, but I'm glad now that we're somewhat back to at least being able to think about squad play :P

Also, when I'm SL, spawn in ready to shoot, cause I'm always moving and will get you guys in tight spots, so spawn on me and prepare to die! :P

TheSkrapper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 01:27:27 pm »
Here's a comment I have .... take it for what you want ...

NOT sure if I ever mentioned this or not ... but I really dislike vehicles.  Unfortunately, this is the evolution of the BF franchise so I am stuck with it. 

Concerning squad play ... vehicles can really hamper squads by splitting them up.  a lot of times I have trouble spawning because everyone is in a full vehicle.  Other times I'm on foot with my tank squad and they take off leaving me defenseless and chasing them across the map. 

Not quite sure how we need to incorporate vehicles and squad play but to me that part needs some work.  Sure a tank by itself is powerful ... but a tank with 3 foot soldiers repairing and guarding can be unstoppable.

EDIT: Add ...  One more annoying thing ... is when the SL spawns in a jet ...

TheSkrapper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »
LOL Heath ...

I have spawned many times with the trigger pulled.

KILLA BIGGD

• Regular
  • 60% of the time......it works everytime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »
True and squad leaders need to give attack orders as well, but Im all over this for sure!

Operator

• Veteran
  • If I told you, I'd have to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »
Squads can roll in armor or chopper.  I get a ton of rep points off Solar as he flies to every AA and stinger on the map.

I need to be more mindful of my squad play.......  but C4 on motorcycles is my crack

BradNess

• Veteran
  • AVENGE ME!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 05:08:59 pm »
Squads can roll in armor or chopper.  I get a ton of rep points off Solar as he flies to every AA and stinger on the map.

I need to be more mindful of my squad play.......  but C4 on motorcycles is my crack

Mine too, we should hang out.