Author Topic: KEEP THE TEAMS EVEN  (Read 2024 times)

maxglass

• Battlefield Supreme Member
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
KEEP THE TEAMS EVEN
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »
So tonight as the evening progressed on the 30 man server. we had people defecting to the winning side. which is OK. The only problem is that the teams got very uneven and stayed that way. Auto balance doesn't work. You cant do much to get pubbers to switch but we had some of our people who wouldn't switch even though there was a four person differential. WTF.
MAX

Cornholeo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: KEEP THE TEAMS EVEN
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:07:46 am »
We have the MultiBalancer plugin in ProCon. I will try to read up on its usage today and make some adjustments.

SolarofDeath

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:46:46 am »
Some guys just want to play with the guys they are close with in the clan.  You can't tell them not to do that Max.  The teams on a occassion are going to get uneven.  The problem you have is that when you join off of a friend the EA system can trump the ProCon system by letting you stay on the same side as the buddy you joined off of in the game.  I played last night for a little while and it was 5 on 3 when we were trying to get the server going.  It sucks and yeah you are most likely going to get your ass handed to you.  Just have to tough it out.  I would love to play on Racer, Spec's, Epi, and Reepers teams every round so I know that I have a good squad.  Unfortunately that is not reality and we are going to have to play on the weaker team sometimes.  I'll also do some research on the multi balancer and see if we can tweak it to be more aggressive.

TheSkrapper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 09:32:45 am »
Maybe we need to try to help people become better squad members.  (granted if I am a terrible shot you can't help that, but ...)  I am always up for constructive criticism as I am sure others are also. 

A verbal SL helps a lot because sometimes you don't realize that the point has been changed.  The SL should also feel free to ask for specific kits.

It sucks when you are last man standing and your SL spawns someplace new changing the objective and leaving you alone.

Is it bad form for the SL to squad speak "Spawn on and play as a squad or I will kick you from this squad"?

Sorry, I'm just sitting at work filling time.

Cornholeo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:16:48 am »
Is it bad form for the SL to squad speak "Spawn on and play as a squad or I will kick you from this squad"?

No its not. If someone is occupying a spot and not helping out I will and have kicked them; they may be taking a spot one of by brothers here could use or they may be taking a slot that another player could jump into and actually help out.

TheSkrapper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

No its not. If someone is occupying a spot and not helping out I will and have kicked them; they may be taking a spot one of by brothers here could use or they may be taking a slot that another player could jump into and actually help out.

Cool, I agree to that but now I wonder how long until I space out and get kicked from our own squad.   lol

BradNess

• Veteran
  • AVENGE ME!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 03:06:00 pm »
If I know I'm going to go full retard (sniping in the boonies, SpooN only) I'll drop out of the squad I'm in. As for Max's OP it's a tough situation to be in on either side of the ball, but if I see that I'm on a side with 14 vs 8 I will switch without question.